Mountain Moses + Monastery of St. Catherine
Moses Mountain or Mount Sinai called Mt. Horeb in the Bible and locally known as Jebel Musa (Gebel Musa). Mt Sinai is considered to be the place where Prophet Moses received the Ten Commandments from God. One of the highest mountains in Egypt.
Will pick you up around 10 PM. Drive around 3 hours to Moses Mountain. Our trip will start in Mose’s Mountain area, the first point of us will be climbing the 2285m high mountain with one of our bedouins guide, it’ll be around 2 AM – 5 AM. You can climb the mountain with two ways:
- By following a long path which leads to 700 steps. This takes you to the top of the mountain on time for the sunrise where you can enjoy a beautiful view.
- If you feel you can’t climb the mountain you can get a camel ride for 85 L.E which takes you to the 700 steps.
After sunrise view and bedouin tea, we coming down from the mountain. After coming down we will visit the Monastery of St. Catherine. This is one of the most famous monuments of South Sinai with a lot of attractions like the Church of Transfiguration, The Skull House, Moses Well and the Burning Bush. You will get a guided tour to see all this with all the historical explanations from our licensed guide. After visiting the monastery you will get free time where you can visit the museum of the monastery which contains the oldest icons and manuscripts of the early stage of Christianity. It is the world’s second largest collection of illuminated manuscripts after the Vatican. The entry of the museum costs 25 LE. (not included). At the end of the tour we will drive back in Sharm el Sheikh approx. at 11.30 AM and you will be taken back to your hotel.
Trip runs on Sunday’s, on Wednesday’s and on Friday’s.
- transfer by A/C car from/to your hotel.
- English speaking guide
- any other personal expenses
- hat &sunglasses
- water & breakfast box from your hotel
- comfortable shoes
- in the winter months warm clothing (frost may occur)